The weather is just beautiful today. I have the day off (would anyway because I don't work Mondays) but so does Jeff. We went out for lunch at OCB (yes, probably a mistake) and now he is napping while I surf around the internet and catch up on things.
Last night I started working with my Sculpey clay again. Last year I made a bunch of magnets and this year I want to make some unusual pendants and some actual mini-sculptures that I can attach to canvases or have freestanding - stuff that is more art pieces than just kitsch. I also have been thinking a lot about ways to combine doing that with both painting and photography to create completely mixed media pieces.
Friday night I hosted a potluck for my grad group. It turned out great! Jeff rented an eight-foot table that we set up in the living room and with some centerpieces and candles it looked really pretty. The food everyone brought really meshed well together and was yummy and we had a good time.
Saturday we went to Jeff's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party at the Rosemount Community Center. There were about 125-150 people there and the food was served buffet style. They had a "head table" with the honored couple and their attendants from when they got married sitting at it and it was very cute. They had a table of photos set up from their wedding and they were so interesting and gorgeous - very 1950s. A country band called the Dakota Ramblers played and even though that kind of music is not my style, they sounded pretty good. We didn't feel like dancing much but we still had fun.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment