We just got back from our little minimoon to Duluth. We had a great time and finally relaxed and got lots of rest after all of the wedding craziness. Jeff unfortunately had an injured foot which kept us from going on the Glensheen tour or doing any other walking stuff, but we drove up along the lake shore and visited Aero Stitch (where Jeff tried on motorcycle clothes) and got to go out to lunch at a little Chinese restaurant yesterday. I found a little green toy frog on the ground like it was just waiting for me and I knew it was a sign that our marriage is going to be awesome. How did I know, you ask? Frogs are super lucky and I just knew.
I went swimming in the morning while Jeff was at Urgent Care and then we had lunch and drove all over. We got pretty tired by late afternoon, so after a supernap and pizza ordered in from Pizza Luce and episodes of Bones and House, we went downstairs and swam and sat in the jacuzzi. It was very much fun. Today the sun was out and after a big breakfast of pancakes and steak and eggs we headed back home (with a drive back and forth along the Bong bridge first). We stopped and picked up some of our wedding camera photos and then scooted home where we greeted our very happy kitty and opened a couple of presents that had arrived while we were gone (yellow towels and a pretty crystal photo frame) and reorganized and weeded our utensils drawers. Then we went and got appetizers for dinner at Moose Country and used some of our wedding money to fill in some items on our registry at Herbergers. Shopping is so fun. We cased out Williams Sonoma too. It certainly won't be hard to spend our gift certificates there the next time we go. It is just so nice to replace our nasty old stuff that we got from who knows where and which is probably 40 years old with new. No more broken spoons in our drawers! It makes me feel like we are really starting a new chapter in our lives and are really grownups now. Even though I am an old lady, I am still pretty immature in my head and don't feel very grown up.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment