
Tonight I made lime bars. They were a packaged recipe and weren't bad, but not as good as lemon bars are. I think making lime cheesecake bars would have worked a little better. Maybe even with raspberry. (I think that would turn out either awesome or totally gross - I'm not sure. My culinary skills are not advanced enough to know definitively.) Next I want to try making my own custard. I also have this little stoneware-type baking dish that I've never used and I'd like to break it in. As part of my cleaning I'm going to be making the "appliance garage" in the basement more accessible so I'm going to finally start using some of our new kitchen toys that I've put off trying out for way too long.
I went to Lowes two times this week and bought some home stuff too. I got a shelf for the upstairs closet and a cream colored paint. I think it is about as good of a color match as I could possibly find, all things considered. The little tray I'm working on painting right now should blend in nicely. I will probably also paint my some of my white desk accessories and the little pink shelf the same shade so they'll be less obtrusive. I am on the fence about painting the shelf. It took a lot of work to paint it pink, so I hate to just change it, but I think I'd like it better and would feel I had more options with placing it if it were cream instead...

No comments:
Post a Comment